ABOUT THE RIVER COURSE IN MASSENA, NY
The River Course is recognized as the premier golf destination in upper NY state.
Formerly known as the Massena Country Club, the course first opened for play in 1926. The 18-hole golf course was designed by Albert Murray. The River Course at Louisville Landing Recreation’s 6,670-yard design presents a challenging par 71 course. It’s course layout presents a view of the St. Lawrence River from 14 of the 18 holes, with the most scenic shorelines vistas bordering the 16th to 18th holes.
Our Quality Inn® location is ideally situated along the Grass River in sunny St. Lawrence Valley. Enjoy the perks of travel with the comforts of home in this conveniently located Massena hotel.
Four miles from the River Course, you can also easily access nearby attractions like sunny beaches, stunning hiking trails and thrilling cross-country skiing routes. Potential students can take a tour of nearby St. Lawrence University, shoppers can visit the Harte Haven Shopping Center for a little retail therapy and history buffs can take in the views from the observation deck at Eisenhower Lock—one of the seven canal locks on the St. Lawrence River leg of the St. Lawrence Seaway. Guests looking for a little fun and relaxation can try their luck or enjoy a meal at the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino. We’re also just 4 miles from Massena International Airport.
Amenities include an on-site fitness center and a modern business center. A hot breakfast is included in your stay each morning.
Lakeview Lodging is also offered and located next to the golf course, “Where Quaint meets Quality”. Located on the banks of the magnificent St. Lawrence River, this premier and scenic location offers a view of the majestic shipping channel and boasts spectacular sunsets. Whether you need an apartment or a fully equipped efficiency, you’ve come to the right place. The spacious two-bedroom suites are ideal for families or groups. These large units have two Queen Beds, 3 large TVs (1 in each rm) with new appliances. All are fully equipped.
Monday through Wednesday:
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Breakfast at the hotel, then off to the course.
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.: Practice stations with your PGA pro.
- Practice Stations include Range, Putting, Pitching, Chipping, Bunker, Specialty Shots, and more. This program will be tailored to the Senior Golfer to improve your game and make golf more accessible for you to perform.
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 a.m.: Lunch in the clubhouse.
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: On-course instruction with your PGA Professional. You PGA Professional will be on the course to play a few holes with each group and make sure you are putting into practice what you learned in the morning session.
- You may play the final nine holes before on your own before returning to the hotel for a good night’s rest.
- Monday and Wednesday evenings group dinner.
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Breakfast at the hotel, then off to the range.
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Practice stations with your PGA pro.
- Practice Stations include Range, Putting, Pitching, Chipping, Bunker, Specialty Shots, and more.
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.: Lunch in the clubhouse.